We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry on baggage

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Carry on baggage

What is the maximum size in litres that a back pack can be that will still be allowed as carry on? I am making a trip that involves multiple flights and I have previously lost baggage so I want to try a different tactic this time!!!!

Thanks Waca71

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carry on baggage

Depends on the airline. Check the website of the airline you are traveling with. It will give you size and weight limits.

If you are traveling multiple airlines you will have to make sure it fits within the smallest/lightest limits. Liters aren't important - its cm and kg that count.

Edited: 16 April 2012, 15:19
Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,798 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carry on baggage

Australian carriers will limit you to 7kg. That is the constraining metric. In Europe and Canada, it is a combo of size and weight. In the US, it is essentially size that constrains.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carry on baggage

Wow - 5000 Geomedic. Well done!

Northolt, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carry on baggage

As a guideline, stick to 55x45x25 dimensions with an 6kg weight, you will never go wrong. As I always say, travel light and your journey will be far pleasant.

5. Re: Carry on baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:45
Get answers to your questions