We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only a few days in Jordan

San Francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Only a few days in Jordan

We are flying in to Amman for just a few days in late December and would like to see Petra and perhaps one other site. We'll probably have three full days in Jordan. Amman does not look terribly interesting so we'll probably avoid it. Any suggestions!? We are contemplating renting a car and driving around ourselves, but are totally unfamiliar with the area and a bit worried about taking that on. Alternatively we are thinking of arranging a semi-private or private tour, but it's been hard to find exactly wheat we are looking for. Last but not least... has anyone been to Jerash? is it worth seeing? Thanks.

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only a few days in Jordan

Jerash is quite a nice ancient Roman city ruins, and is worth seeing.

Petra is one of those places that you should visit at least once in your life, amazing history.

I think in one day we travelled from Petra, Dead Sea swim, (give that a miss), Mount Nebo, and on to Madaba to stay that night.

Amman is not very interesting, there is an old Roman theatre and a ruin of Hercules Temple, close together, but otherwise not much.

I was there about 6 years ago with an Intrepid Travel trip, so I don't know about hiring cars for independent travel, but I am sure it can be done easily.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only a few days in Jordan

Thanks Kevin. Really appreciate your insights. We had seen scads of Roman ruins but are always up for more! Jerash looks to be quite good, but we'll probably pass on Amman.

We're going to rent (hire) a car with GPS and drive ourselves. Should be an adventure.

Thanks again,

Carl

3. Re: Only a few days in Jordan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions