We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

New York City, New...
3 posts
what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

ie. $679 RT. is this each way or this price for going and return? So is the price $679 or $1358? Surely this is not a difficult question to answer even for Trip Advisor. Please reply. Thanks, Harry Dedio

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

RT means Round Trip.

It is the price for both going and return.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,794 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

Hi,

Round trip means the whole trip both ways going and coming.

I wonder which web site you are using to see the prices and why it is confusing you?

Some web sites are more confusing than others.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
72,975 posts
476 reviews
3. Re: what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

Some websites should be avoided completely!

New York City, New...
3 posts
4. Re: what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

So if a site like Trip Advisor advertises $679 RT That price is actually a ticket that is two tickets to go to London and a return tkt. back to New York What say anyone? Thanks.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

It is called one round trip (RT) ticket from A to B back to A.

Two tickets is something else, better avoided.

As an added thought it is always best to buy direct from the airlines, if you have any complications you don't have to deal with third-party nonsense.

Edited: 07 April 2016, 06:15
kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,663 posts
141 reviews
6. Re: what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

Just because the flight price is advertised on trip advisor, this doesn't mean that this is the actual "live" price.

As other posters have said, RT means round trip, or return trip.

But......trip advisor is NOT a travel agent or airline. Prices may be advertised via TA, but may actually sold by third party websites. Airlines constantly monitor their bookings, and can alter or vary their schedule and prices, so only an airline itself will show "live" pricing, whereas agents and 3rd party websites can only provide "an offer to treat".

If you haven't booked an air ticket before I'd suggest reading the information items in the Air or Bargain Travel forums. The info items are under the Top Questions side of the forum pages. They can't be seen using the trip advisor phone app, so you'll need a pc/laptop.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
72,975 posts
476 reviews
7. Re: what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

I second what mcpinder has said. I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of prices seen in adverts on this site are not live and won't be available when you try to buy them. On top of that, a lot of them will come from some of poorest Online Travel Agents (OTA's) out there.

New York City, New...
3 posts
8. Re: what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

OK!!! Has anyone recently bought a tkt, RT for a total price for like $700 to go and return, total price and maybe taxes etc. to London?

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

You profile says you are in NY.. Are you asking about round trip airline tickets from NY to London?

Have a look at google flights..the software has heaps of fliters.. I would look for you but I am on my phone.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: what price RT means. ie. each way or price for go and back?

<<OK!!! Has anyone recently bought a tkt, RT for a total price for like $700 to go and return, total price and maybe taxes etc. to London?>>

Roundtrip from New York? Absolutely possible. I've seen some for even less than that (Google Flights is currently showing one with Virgin for $609), but it does depend upon your dates of travel.

Edited: 10 April 2016, 08:33