We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo to Antanaravio Madagascar

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Solo to Antanaravio Madagascar

Hello fellow travelers. I am returning to Madagascar after many years since my last time spent there. I will stay one month in Tana. From there, who knows? Since it has been many years since my last stay is there any advice you can give me? ie, where to stay? I want to be in Tana but I also want quiet, and of course safe. A woman alone always needs to take precautions. I am going for the month of October. Any information you can give will be so appreciated. I have traveled and lived the world so I know quite a lot about "life" abroad. Thank you so much. Jane

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
33,195 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo to Antanaravio Madagascar

Ejella my first thought is that you should go to the Madagascar Forum and read the questions that are there including the Top Questions if there are any. You may need a computer to see them

If it has been some time there have been many changes and unrest so you need to know the facts before you travel and that is the best way to do it.

Also maybe look at some local news sites or papers to get the gist of the stability at the moment. It has been erratic for some time.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo to Antanaravio Madagascar

Thank you so much for the good advice. I have done some research and on Airb&b I notice that safety is always mentioned. Gated property, etc. Happy travels new friend.

Walnut Creek...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo to Antanaravio Madagascar

How did the trip to Madagascar go? I've been interested in it for a long time... I spent a week in Brazzaville and am interested in other parts of French-speaking Africa... I lived in France for a year...

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo to Antanaravio Madagascar

My trip is not until Oct 2016. I love Africa so much and hope that you do go to Madagascar. It is a beautiful country.

5. Re: Solo to Antanaravio Madagascar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2017, 12:47