We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time traveling, starting point working visa

1 post
Save Topic
First time traveling, starting point working visa

Hi all ive had my visa granted and scared but excited about traveling alone, soon as i get there im hopeing to get straight into work so i can then apply for my second year visa and then get traveling from then.

But were is the best or most popular place for work?

How easy is work to find out there..

Been thinking of Asia but unsure if thats the best for work..

Any help is very grateful

Thanks

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time traveling, starting point working visa

Employment/Work related posts are not within TripAdvisor posting guidelines. If you'd like to ask a travel related question or questions, feel free.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,729 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time traveling, starting point working visa

I don't really understand your post because working visas tend to be granted for a specific country, but you seem to be yet to chose a country.

You also have not said what country you are from so, even if TA allowed re-location posts, it would be very difficult to advise you.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time traveling, starting point working visa

I'm also confused. There's no such thing as a general work visa for anywhere in Asia. Do you mean passport, not visa? Visas are issued by individual countries for entry into that country (except in areas obviously with an agreement for travel within a region, like Schengen). So what country do you have a visa for?

Edited: 08 October 2015, 14:19
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
13,481 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time traveling, starting point working visa

Hi Dan

Very generally (there's lots more), a passport is the document from your own country allowing you to leave and a visa is additional permission from another country to enter.

Try lonelyplanet.com for questions about work and work visas, they are allowed there.

scoodly

5. Re: First time traveling, starting point working visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2016, 09:46