We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30 year old female 1st solo travel trip to Oz

1 post
30 year old female 1st solo travel trip to Oz

Hi guys,

Help please! Turned 30 and decided to go to Oz before too late! I am stopping in Singapore for 4 days on way and flying into Melbourne. Any advise at all is appreciated! Dont know anyone in Australia or know what to do when im there! Never travelled alone before and this is for a year! How much do i pack also and what?? Thanks in advance!! Im getting scared as go in september! xx

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
34,958 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: 30 year old female 1st solo travel trip to Oz

If you are going for a year you possibily have some sort of work visa or similar? Usual visitors visa is 3 months

Australia is very easy to do on your own. I was able to get everything I needed for transport and accommodation from the internet......timetables, fares the lot.

If you type Australia into the small searc h box above your post it will bring up lots of posts and threads from before which will give you the most information - much more than relying on the people visiting the forum just now.

If you have no idea what you want to seen and do then get a good guide book and start planning quickly.

Also once you have a plan post for individual places you are visiting on the Australia forums for up to date informaiton.

Post your type of travel ie budget or luxury, dates and your interests. Otherwise answering is like shooting in the dark.

Edited: 06 July 2015, 23:08
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,355 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: 30 year old female 1st solo travel trip to Oz

If you also want information or help about your few days in Singapore come and visit us on the Singapore forum. We have plenty of information and links in the forums Top Questions section which is all down the right-hand side of our forum page -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g294262-i1747-S…

Forums homepage -

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

Australia forum -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g255055-i120-Au…

Melbourne forum -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g255100-i278-Me…

Tourism Australia website -

http://www.australia.com/en-us

If you start researching on all the forums, and reading their Top Questions sections, and browse the official tourism website you can start to formulate a plan for your trip. Good luck with your research,

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: 30 year old female 1st solo travel trip to Oz

Be sorted with accomodation for arrival as customs may ask where you are staying and also how you are going to fund a 12 month stay. September brings spring rains,and still cool. When the summer is here you need cook cotton sundress skirt shorts tshirts etc. Dont bring bulky coats and jumpers. You can buy them cheaply at an opp shop. A light jacket waterproof and windproof is useful. A good sunhat that squashes into a day pack is essential.

you need to read up about the areas and towns so you know where to plan for. Read some travel blogs.

1 post
1 review
4. Re: 30 year old female 1st solo travel trip to Oz

Hi my name is David and I have been to Sydney on my own it is long fite of 24 hrs but I also stoped over at Singapore it was an experance ? It sound like you are taking everything write ? Make sure that you take P20 sunfiler high protection against the sun PS after sun gel and put it in a see threw bag darl x. As the airports like to see what you have. A travle iron and a pair of good sun glasses as the sun is strong? I take a thin rain coat like a cagool that will fold up small so you can put it in your travel bag. I was 22 to when I went there and now I am 45 and still single going on holidays. if you would like to chat about your experance over in OZ you can find me on facebook just put in David Walters in briton x.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: 30 year old female 1st solo travel trip to Oz

Hi there

Your going to have a ball. I travelled all of Oz on my own as I lived there for a year and my friend had no money to travel when it came to it. You'll never be a day on ur own, stay in hostels and maybe look into the greyhound bus or other tours suitable for back packers. Even managed to go to Alice spring and it was amazing!! Sleeping under the stars it was class. Is such a great experience travelling on my own there I went to South Africa recently!! Best thing I ever done. Any questions give me a shout.

Niamh

6. Re: 30 year old female 1st solo travel trip to Oz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2016, 09:48