We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo female Australia - Sydney

Witney, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Solo female Australia - Sydney

Hi everyone

I will be spending the majority of September backpacking in Sydney on my own.

I would like to experience everything Sydney has to offer, so I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of two different types of hostels/backpackers

I would like a quiet-ish, beach and pub type area with not a huge amount of noisy nightlife for a few nights

And then on the flip side I would like to stay near th heart of Sydney's night scene and daytime hustle and bustle.

Any ideas would be so welcome.

I will be 33 and as you can tell from this post like a bit of peace and a bit of partying.

Thanks in advance

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
34,072 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo female Australia - Sydney

Hannah ask your question on the Sydney Forum. That is where you'll get the local and up to date info.

When you are there you will find the buses trains and ferries can take you all over in comfort. I got the freebe newspapers, pamphlets and looked out for posters to see what was on and then used public transport to get there.

The infomation centres may have ideas for local tours, sometimes discounts and these operate in small minibuses to less obvious places. I would tend not to do the coach trips as you end up at the honeypots with hundreds of other coach parties and inflated prices. You also don't get to see some of the natural wonders and walk around them, local craft shops etc.

Its a very walkable city in the centre too.

2. Re: Solo female Australia - Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2016, 10:47