We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

Villahermosa, Mexico
Level Contributor
9 posts
26 reviews
Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

I am going to Europe next week and I learned about AXA Insurance.

Is it reliable to buy it online?

Is travel insurance a decisive factor for immigration agents to let me in into the European Union?

Thank You, -i am going alone and I am nervous, I am entering through Frankfurt, Germany.

45 replies to this topic
11. Re: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 June 2017, 23:05
Edited: 30 June 2017, 23:05

12. Re: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2017, 14:37

Edmonton, Canada
1 post
13. Re: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

I took out medical travel insurance through schwengen.Buying it on line was no problem at all.They gladly take your money.Unfortunately while in austria I had to visit the local hospital in graz.The bill came to 360.00 Euros.I have been trying for months to contact them without any luck.There is no info on how to make a claim.I think something is rotten in daenmark.

Tuguegarao City...
1 post
14. Re: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

How much will you pay for travel insurance if you visit you're friend for almost 6 days.

Florence, Italy
1 post
15. Re: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

I chose extended protection travel insurance from AXA and as soon as I made a claim (legitimate) I found that they dragged their feet, did not communicate important information ('I should have read it in the contract') and classified my treatment for four hours in emergency as a 'visit to a doctor', thus saving 1000 dollars on the claim. AXA absolutely stinks. Do not use them.

16. Re: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 March 2017, 00:35

1 post
17. Re: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

Hello. I had been checking this company on world AXA website and checked on AXA websites in specific countries, even in Belgium (decent of Axa-Schengen) and I have not found AXA-Schengen as a part of AXA Group. It is seems like dependent company or even independent. I mean, I think it is not AXA company but totally different company using AXA logo according to some agreement betweent this two companies.

Edited: 24 May 2017, 02:06
2 posts
18. Re: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

Hi, I unfortunately have to agree with the initial comment posted in 2015.

I bought the travel insurance from these guys a week back.There was an error on the insurance document.I have been writing to them since and not even a word. I sincerely doubt that if they do have customer support, it would take a week to reply to an email. You dont even get an auto generated message saying they would reply in x days. I truly believed Axa was reputable, but my experience doesnt support that any more.

2 posts
19. Re: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

Hi, In continuation of my previous post - I finally was able to reach the customer support as their number is mentioned on the policy certificate (32 (0)2 550 400. Now when you call them the only languages on the IVR are dutch and French I guess. I was able to talk to one of their associates and now waiting for an action that I need. Will keep you all posted.

Canton of Basel...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
20. Re: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?

Hi Harshkadam

Referring to your comment above, were you able to decide on the next steps after you contacted them?

Please keep us posted, as I had almost decided to go with Them for schengen travel insurance for senior citizens & am curious to know their claims procedure.

Thanks!

Edited: 30 July 2017, 04:25
Reply to: Anyone familiarized with AXA Schengen Travel Insurance?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions