We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking room based on 2 sharing

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Topic
Booking room based on 2 sharing

Hi. I have seen several good deals for weekends in hotels with breakfast and meals. However these seem to be based on two people sharing (small print). I don't mind paying the full price for two (as they are still good deals with food included) but would the hotel allow me to turn up on my own for the deal? After all they are saving one person's meals. I would appreciate any advice.

JP

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
66,693 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking room based on 2 sharing

Are these deals you see on a hotel web site or on a travel agent site?

I would always go directly to the hotel to ask about it.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
33,573 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking room based on 2 sharing

Me too. In fact at certain times of year you can get some good deals.

And the number of times I've found the hotel is cheaper, certainly more flexible, than a large company is significant.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking room based on 2 sharing

It shouldn't make any difference to the hotel, but as suggested you need to book directly with the hotel and ask them for any questions you have.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,110 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking room based on 2 sharing

Yes, go through the hotel directly. I;d be very wary of deals through Groupon and the like, as you may end up with a very shonky third party OTA.

5. Re: Booking room based on 2 sharing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2016, 11:46