We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo travel to Japan

Level Contributor
16 posts
Solo travel to Japan

Hey guys,

I'm 23 and I just graduated college so I wanted to give myself a little present. I've been looking at going to Japan for 10 days but cannot get any of my friends to go. Is Japan a good country to travel solo and if so, are there any good tips/tricks that I could use to maximize my time there?

Also, how much money should I bring? I'm not trying to do it on a budget, but I'm also not trying to break the bank either.

-msf91

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
29,056 posts
6,619 reviews
1. Re: Solo travel to Japan

Hello msf91

Welcome to the Solo Travel forum

<<Is Japan a good country to travel solo>>>

Yep, it is safe, fairly easy to travel around and as good as any other for Solo travellers. If you type Japan into the Search Box at the top of this forum, you'll it being references regularly as a possible travel destination for those doing a bit of solo travel.

<<are there any good tips/tricks that I could use to maximize my time there?>>>

In addition to those you can pick up by reading past discussions, you'd further recommend that you visit the Japan forum here at Tripadvisor specifically. From there you can use the same Search Box and seek specific and direct feedback asked to the forum experts there. If you can't find what you are looking for, you can ask directly on the Japan forum and let those who support the Japan forums help you.

Good luck with your trip research and happy travels.

Level Contributor
16 posts
2. Re: Solo travel to Japan

Thanks for the response. I'll do what you said and look at some past discussions.

-msf91

3. Re: Solo travel to Japan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2016, 11:46
Get answers to your questions