We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo travel eastern Europe in dec.

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Solo travel eastern Europe in dec.

hello everyone i'm thinking go eastern Europe about one or two weeks later. İ should stay there 2 weeks. this is not a vacation for me.There is rules about military services in my country (turkey) if u working outside of country u can postponed military service but i quit my job i was worked Canada but right now i'm not working there. So if i stay 2 week more outside of my country i can postponed one more year.

whatever can u advise to me cheap and safe places in Europe. İ will be alone there so safety is important but it should be cheap also. İ'm thinking Poland but if u advise me cheaper and safer places i can consider there.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo travel eastern Europe in dec.

Why put off your duty? You might get posted to Northern Cyprus (or maybe not).

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo travel eastern Europe in dec.

Military service in turkey is one year. İ can postpone that. Why shoudnt i? Probably i will go poland greece or ukraine. Ukraine cheapest one but im not sure abouth sitiation there. And north cyprus still part of turkey so nort cyprus dosnt count. Maybe south can be i dont think s cyprus is cheap.

Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
953 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo travel eastern Europe in dec.

Poland is a nice country with beautiful cities such as Krakow or the very interesting Warsaw. It's perfectly safe.

I'm not sure it's the right time to visit Ukraine with the political situation.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Ukraine, Lutsk, Chernivtsi
Level Contributor
22,211 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo travel eastern Europe in dec.

Chris75, please, don't make speculative comments if you are not aware of the reality from your own experience.

There's nothing wrong with visiting Ukraine as long as one stays away from two eastern parts - Donetsk and Luhansk - that have always been of little to none touristy interest.

Feedback from the real travellers can be found in Ukraine forum.

Edited: 28 November 2014, 00:06
5. Re: Solo travel eastern Europe in dec.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2015, 10:46