We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo female tour of South America

Caistor, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Solo female tour of South America

Am looking at South America next year to celebrate my 60th birthday. Have travelled Europe, North America on my own but feel a small group may be preferable for this trip. Have looked at Explore & Just You but wondered if any of you could recommend any other company. Want good accommodation; own room (double, not some cupboard pretending to be a single room!). Budget is flexible.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,282 posts
189 reviews
1. Re: Solo female tour of South America

IF you want to search "group travel" or "group tours" which is really not the purpose of this forum - you are best to look at several forums such as 1) Bargain Travel & Holiday Travel forums, 2) Local Destination forums, and most importantly 3) SEARCH box. For all forums, you can type into the forum search box and pick up posts which mention the name. Honestly, with a little research you could plan out your own itinerary and skip the middleman.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Solo female tour of South America

South America is a big continent. Brazil is not Argentina which is not Peru which is not Chile and Easter Island. Different companies and different travel styles suit different destinations better. Peru, for example, might be better in a small group package tour, in which case you want a company with Peru-specific experience. Buenos Aires and Argentina can be best done as a true solo trip. Chilean Patagonia? You pick a lodge and they do all the work.

So could you be more specific when you say "South America"? And if you are thinking a multi-country trip, then you might be better off stringing together a few package tours than picking a "one size fits all" multi-country trip.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
3. Re: Solo female tour of South America

If you want to read more about what it's like to travel independently in South America, this thread could help. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12357-k7794400…

Caistor, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Solo female tour of South America

Thank you Cecile. I will

5. Re: Solo female tour of South America

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions