We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College Student Looking to Take a Break in Eastern Europe

Worcester...
1 post
Save Topic
College Student Looking to Take a Break in Eastern Europe

I'm looking to take some time off from college and do some backpacking/exploring in Eastern Europe but I am unsure if I want to spend all of my time alone.

Is anyone heading that way in jan/feb or have any advice on how I could connect with fellow adventurers?

Thanks!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
33,617 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: College Student Looking to Take a Break in Eastern Europe

Adventuretime, look for the thread on this forum called Travel Buddy. There are the names of some sites on there. You really need to read a lot of peoples posts and talk to them for some time before deciding to travel with strangers.

They may not be who they say they are, they may be looking for a target or they could just be a winger, moaner, into drugs. Be through before deciding to travel with someone you don't know.

If you travel alone you have only yourself to please, you can meet people along the way to share a meal or a day out and have an idea, meeting them face to face, if you would like to spend time with them and how much.

Have a look at the solo trip reports on the Top Questions on the right of the page. Look at the forums for your destinations and read the Top Questions. Do a search at the top of each forum you use for Solo Trip Reports. See how others got on.

Edited: 13 December 2013, 03:50
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
66,734 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: College Student Looking to Take a Break in Eastern Europe

IF you want to meet fellow travelers/adventurers, then stay in hostels along the way.

You'll meet tons of interesting folks that way!

My children (especially my son) did that all through Europe and Asia right after university and had a great time!!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,781 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: College Student Looking to Take a Break in Eastern Europe

What do you mean as Eastern Europe? Former E. Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, the Balkan states and Hungary are not Eastern Europe; they are Central Europe. Believe me, the citizens of those countries can be very sensitive about the nomenclature. Please clarify.

4. Re: College Student Looking to Take a Break in Eastern Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 10:49