We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach vacation over Christmas/New Year's

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
33 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
beach vacation over Christmas/New Year's

Hi,

I have a few weeks off during Christmas/New Year's time. I wanted to book a trip that's not super expensive. A nice relaxing beach vacation sounds fantastic. What's the best place for a solo female traveler? I'm really just looking for some sun, relaxing, good food, a little culture and friendly people. I've been to Belize and the Dominican Republic already. I was looking into other Caribbean ports but not sure how safe or costly they can be.

Any ideas would be great.

SYD-LON-MUC
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach vacation over Christmas/New Year's

If you are looking at Caribbean maybe best to post in the Caribbean Forum here: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g147237-i26-Car…

Otherwise I have been to Maldivian Islands where I have seen a number of single females and also South Pacific Islands too.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
66,404 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach vacation over Christmas/New Year's

My favorite new (for me) place to go is the Isla Mujeres, a small island off the coast of Mexico (in the Caribbean) near Cancun. You fly to Cancun and then take the passenger ferry to the island. There are great beaches, great restaurants , a thriving community where expats and locals mingle . They also have their own very friendly forum here on TA .

There are lots of singles and they have lots of meet ups which make it fun to go there!

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g150810-i360-Isla_…

3. Re: beach vacation over Christmas/New Year's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 10:50