We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan Puerto Rico

Los Angeles...
4 posts
San Juan Puerto Rico

Hi

I am planning a week getaway trip to Puerto Rico. I will be staying at San Juan for the entire trip.

I wonder whether the public transportation convenient and the safety of the city.

Other than that, I'm glad that if you guys have any advice of places, restaurants, live music bars I should go.

Oh, I heard that the are a few nice beaches but most of them are pretty far. Do they have a day trip tour package or bus ?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

East Haddam...
Level Contributor
586 posts
117 reviews
1. Re: San Juan Puerto Rico

I've used the public transport in and around San Juan and felt safe going to the tourist destinations, I can't tell you about getting to non tourist places.

There are nice beaches out in Culebra, something you might want to look into would be catamaran booze cruise out that way, my buddy did that solo this past year and had a good time.

As far as bars when i'm in Old San Juan I usually listen for music and walk in, if it doesn't do it for me I move on.

If you are looking to just going to the beach... and its going to be a crap rainy day look into going to the rain forest. I figured I was going to get wet anyway so might as well make it worth it.

2. Re: San Juan Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 10:50