We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling India June-July

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling India June-July

Hi,

I'm flying out to India on the 2nd June and will be travelling the first 2 weeks of my 6 weeks trip alone.

Planning on taking a trip up to Mcleodganj as soon as I arrive in Delhi and then making my way back down to meet a friend in Delhi a couple of weeks later.

Has anyone done any thing similar before? Will it be busy around this period (in Mcleodganj, and surrounding areas) Any tips for the first time solo traveller?

Cheers in advance,

Dan.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,885 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling India June-July

Hi Dan and welcome to the solo travel forum.

There are lots of posters here who have travelled solo in India but you may also want to post this question on the India forums.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g293860-i511-Ind…

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling India June-July

Hi Dan,

I am also a solo traveller and have explored across the Himalayan region well. Although it's a little late, I can help you prepare an itinerary. However, ensure that you retreat from the hills before the peak of monsoons as there's always a possibility of landslides and road blocks during the rainy season.

-Bornav

3. Re: Travelling India June-July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 09:46