We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to plantation island resort alone

Traveling to plantation island resort alone

Hi I will be going to plantation island resort in march I had booked with a friend but found out today that due to circumstances beyond her control she is no longer going to be able to go I guess I'm just wondering if its worth going solo or should I just cancel as well? I really want to go and have been really looking forward it it, just the whole prospect of traveling alone is so nerve racking

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,318 posts
189 reviews
1. Re: Traveling to plantation island resort alone

I don't know where plantation island resort is located, but if you need a vacation and want to travel, then why not do it Solo? Yes, I would go alone and consider it personal time to enjoy all the things I like. Granted, you might need to research a little more on activities, but it could be fun, too.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,365 posts
72 reviews
2. Re: Traveling to plantation island resort alone

Hi newbie,

Welcome to the forums!

Google says your resort is on Fiji.

IF that is correct then I suggest you post some questions on the Fiji forum and see what the folks there say about it. Here is a link to that forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294331-i883-Fiji.…

You may find others going and then you'll feel more comfortable.

I think traveling alone is an adventure and hope you will eventually feel that way too!

3. Re: Traveling to plantation island resort alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 10:49