We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere safe, luxury, budget around £1250, 4nts- advice?

wigan
Level Contributor
338 posts
12 reviews
Somewhere safe, luxury, budget around £1250, 4nts- advice?

Hi

Would ever so welcome some advice please:) I value everyones advice and comments on this site.

I havent been so good recently and, after my first holiday (to NYC which I loved:) after 15 years I have some making up to do / am in need of another break. I am willing to spend up to £1300 (flights+hotel, have extra for spends) and want somewhere safe for a single female, things to do/look at (as if it was just in the middle of nowhere but glorious beach then would get lonely)+short duration+definitely want some luxury and spoiling/ a bit of sun (but am not a beach bather as would get too bored on my own but do want some downtime). Like manmade 'biggness' hence choice of resorts below

Currently looking at the following options:

i)Dubai - 4 nights (nr the Burj Khalifa or on the Marina)-i.e. Shangri La / Emirates Tower or Grosvenor House : Feb 2014

ii)Las vegas - 4 nights: MGM Grand September/october 2013

iii)Cheap sun (i.e. Malta) for 3 nights in May 2013 and New York at christmas time (as did it in May originally) for 2-3 nights for christmas shopping experience (I know I'd get less luxury but would combine sun and love of NYC)

Any ideas / suggestions?

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,820 posts
141 reviews
1. Re: Somewhere safe, luxury, budget around £1250, 4nts- advice?

You have a really good budget for a 1 week stay short haul in Europe ,and very doable to some long haul destinations too.

Short haul in Europe.... loads of good city breaks, and although winter/very early spring is not the best of weather, you can definately get a good deal at luxury flight/hotel breaks at places that would be mega prices in the height of the season. Currently British Airways has a sale of Club Class flights with 5.4 and 3 star hotels across Europe ( including Morrocco).

Long haul...If you can travel east... Thailand, Bali,Kerala, Mauritius, India, Sri Lanka, your budget should get you both flights and accommodation. For idea's, I'd suggest looking ( even if not booking) at Kuoni, Trailblazers, Travel Bag. These are very different locations, but are good for solo female travellers, and if you wanted a few beach days plus locally arranged tours, the Destination Forums here on trip adviser will give you more information about what you can arrange when at a destination.

Cochin, Kerala...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Somewhere safe, luxury, budget around £1250, 4nts- advice?

go for kerala... its a good place to visit ... back waters, beaches and trekking etc..............

3. Re: Somewhere safe, luxury, budget around £1250, 4nts- advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 12:47