We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need to go on holiday next week!!

Teddington, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
46 reviews
I need to go on holiday next week!!

but I am highly fussy and travelling on my own! :)

Now, I probably want to stay around the Med as I don't want to travel far (from london), I like the people, weather and food.

I don't like places like Marrakech (hated the hassle).

What I would ideally like is a nice hotel, preferably adults only, but I'd take kids over some tacky evening entertainment!, with a pool and very close to a sandy beach.

Most importantly I like to mooch about in a local town for dinner, so not really looking at resorts that are miles from the nearest town (10 mins walk is OK).

where do you think I should look?

thanks!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
34,958 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: I need to go on holiday next week!!

Barcelona. It has a beach, culture, food, excellent music festivals in the evenings or bars with Spanish entertainment.

Teddington, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: I need to go on holiday next week!!

ah - meant to say i am going there at the start of October...

but yes i think that's the sort of place..

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,796 posts
141 reviews
3. Re: I need to go on holiday next week!!

Dubrovnic, Lisbon, Sharm/Taba/Luxor ( Egypt) not Med I know, but very good hotels and guarenteed good weather, Feithiye/Olu Deniz/Kas/Kalkan/Gumbet/Side (Turkey), or Greece....Rhodes/ Cyprus/, Santorini/Crete.

Why not try a destination in Europe that you haven't already been to.

Or... visit the mr&mrs smith website for small luxury hotels in Europe.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
953 posts
132 reviews
4. Re: I need to go on holiday next week!!

I'd go with Olu Deniz, I think it ticks most of your boxes.

Teddington, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: I need to go on holiday next week!!

thanks very much people - i will go and have a look. Have heard of Mr and Mrs before so will double check their tonight.

i have been to taba before, but that's a good example of almost there but not quite, in that the hotel was great, but you could only really walk to the other hotels..

thanks again for your help!

chester
Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: I need to go on holiday next week!!

Gambia, kombo beach hotel. Same as uk time, short flight, good weather and great places to eat. Otherwise cape verde or Deia in Mallorca.... Beautiful!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,283 posts
189 reviews
7. Re: I need to go on holiday next week!!

Just returned from Barcelona last week and I had an awesome time. If you click my screen name, I've reviewed a bunch of places from my trip.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
8. Re: I need to go on holiday next week!!

Lycian coast of turkey around fethiye, or even get a room aboard one of the gulet boats there, heard cesme and bozcadda are great too. Love istanbul. bodrum is great if u want some action...or more upper scale in turkbuku. Then if u want to peel away from the beach and visit a truly magical village and place...the spend a few days in cappidokia. All these places are in turkey. October is a fine time to go.

9. Re: I need to go on holiday next week!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 14:45