We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? best resorts/hotels in Austria for organised walks & trips

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
? best resorts/hotels in Austria for organised walks & trips

I'm a solo traveller and would like to visit Austria next year.

I'm hoping to do some organised walks in a group as not confident doing them alone as well as some organised day trips.

1. Can you recommend the best resort and hotels to stay in?

I do prefer good quality hotels. And, preferably somewhere from where I could go for a stroll on own, book and go on trips, particularly Saltzburg.

2. Any particular company to travel with?

3. Which would be the best time of year ie that isn't too wet, too cold or too hot!

I have some leave planned for end Jan, end March or was thinking of June or September.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
28,874 posts
6,582 reviews
1. Re: ? best resorts/hotels in Austria for organised walks & trips

bubblychick47

Austria is a lovely country, beautiful destination and Salzburg is a real gem of a small city. You've definitely picked a great place to spend some time.

What I can suggest is that you spend some time in the Austria TA Forums where local Destination Experts and regular posters can better answer your specific (and very good) questions.

Also make sure to take advantage of past questions and posts by using the 'Search Box' in the related forums. This is a good way to pick up lots of tips, hints and suggestions that have been posted already.

Good luck in your research and wish you the best on your trip to Austria.

2. Re: ? best resorts/hotels in Austria for organised walks & trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2013, 15:49