We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with Singles Travel Company

Phoenix AZ
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with Singles Travel Company

I am considering my first trip with Singles Travel Company and read some of the older posts. Has anyone travelled with them recently or gone on the Cabo trip to the Riu Palace? I have friends with time and no money ... or money and no time. This seems like the best way to meet new friends who like to travel ... and do! Thanks.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
33,051 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with Singles Travel Company

Hi elljay, you describe the situation ie friends, money time perfectly. Also they don't necessarily want to see the same things you do and this is the situation many of us are in.

I can;t help with the travel company you mentioned but it is worth considering others that include couples as I have made the most friends on those. If you choose a place or tour that interests you then you do meet like minded people.

It may be worth a shot to PM some of the people who have written the reviews to see if they travelled with the company again or if any of their friends have. You can't loose by it and may get some good info.

Has it got good reviews? If so and it has been going a good few years then it must be doing something right.

Have fun.

Phoenix AZ
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with Singles Travel Company

Thanks for the input! I read some good things about this company both here and other places on the web ... and I know that the hotel is an amazing place itself, so I am giving it serious consideration. I have married/couple friends who can travel, but it's not quite the same as travelling with other single people/friends ...

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with Singles Travel Company

Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas gets pretty decent reviews (link is below); I've stayed at Riu Cancun on my own and it was a good mix of tourists. I wonder what the travel company adds on top of what deals you could find on your own? I find most posters here try to plan their own travel, not group travel or through a 3rd party service.

My advice is to price it out on your own separately (air, hotel, transfers) and compare the total to your package deal to see what you're paying for.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152515-d503041…

Edited: 03 September 2011, 20:04
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
33,051 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with Singles Travel Company

I usually travel with a company these days. Both for a cheaper price often, security should anything go wrong such as ash clouds, then I would have someone to panic with. Also for company at meal times & evenings

I enjoy having to sort everything out myself.

So usually with a company - if they don't go where I want then I will plan it myself.

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with Singles Travel Company

I have traveled with Singles Travel Company at least five times. Before Ann Thomas started this company she ran O Solo Mio and I traveled with them, too.

Pretty much all my trips were Europe, Africa, Asia. I don't go on their trips that look like party, beach, or cruise ship.

You'll definitely meet a lot of new friends and have a good time together at meals, the bar, and all other socializing.

Phoenix AZ
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling with Singles Travel Company

Thanks for the input. I saw your comments on an earlier trail. This looks like a good group to travel with. I know that I could probably save some dollars arranging it all on my own, which I usually do, but I am willing to pay for the group atmosphere/planning/comraderie ... especially on my first solo trip. Usually I have at least one friend in tow!

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling with Singles Travel Company

I just read through the itinerary. Looks like a blast!

To me, the best part of these trips is the "social host" to coordinate activities of the group.

As for me that week, I'll be SCUBA diving, solo, in the Caribbean on the island of St. Croix.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling with Singles Travel Company

I am also considering this company and another called Singles Travel International. I'm not afraid to travel solo in the U.S. for the most part although I've only done it once. I went to New York by myself and I booked all the tours. I even found a social evening pub crawl and a nightclub tour! I met some great people during those nights because they were groups. HOWEVER, I'm a bit scared of traveling outside of the country especially with some of the things going on in Greece or Egypt lately. I think Greece might be ok. You can actually find tour guides that will pick you up from your hotel, etc but it's expensive. I'm with you on just not wanting to do it alone. Of COURSE, there's gonna be a price for it. They don't work for free!

Baltimore...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling with Singles Travel Company

I am consider Single Travel Company for their London-Paris trip in the spring. I just think it will be easier to have most of my tours already arranged.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,464 posts
6,376 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling with Singles Travel Company

Sounds good, Marc S (relating to this and your London/Paris post). Will be interesting to hear your thoughts about their service when you return from your holiday. Have a nice time on your trip.