We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling alone to cancun

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Traveling alone to cancun

Trying to plan a quick, last minute getaway to cancun - - for next week!

All i want: to stumble out of my hotel onto a great beach, read all day, swim, snorkel have good food. Very simple. I don't want any noisy, family destinations. Just quiet. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
882 posts
152 reviews
1. Re: Traveling alone to cancun

If you want quiet, no kids running around and nice beachs look at TripAdvisor Hotels on Isla Mujeres right near Cancun.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,290 posts
189 reviews
2. Re: Traveling alone to cancun

Most of the Cancun resorts I'm familiar with are couples or family destinations, but some of them are only running 50% occupancy these days. Having been to Cancun multiple times, I don't view it as snorkel friendly all the time, maybe more south (Riviera Maya). But, saying that, I'd encourage to look at the CasaMagna Marriott, the JW Marriott, and the Ritz Carlton. Also, be sure to look at this forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g150807-i8-Cancun_…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,363 posts
73 reviews
3. Re: Traveling alone to cancun

Other than by Club Med, Cancun definitely is not a place to snorkel. You'd have to go to Isla Mujeres or south to Puerto Morelos, but they have plenty of snorkel tour day trips from Cancun, if you really want to stay there.

I dont think of Cancun as a family place, but Im sure there are hotels that cater to them. I would look on the Cancun forum for adults only hotels and see what comes up - or post the question on that forum. Down below Cancun there are plenty of adult only All Inclusives, but I picture a lot of couples - you're probably better off staying in a small hotel on the beach in Playa del Carmen. Playa Maya and Fusion get good reviews.

suitcaseready.com

Edited: 13 July 2011, 23:51
New York State
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Traveling alone to cancun

Having done two trips to Puerto Morelos just a little further south of Cancun, I think it would be better suited if you want to snorkel, and is a little quieter. If you don't want to worry about where your going to eat at night, an all inclusive would be the way to go

New York City, New...
11 posts
5. Re: Traveling alone to cancun

I am going alone to EPM in Playa Murejes - adult only , all inclusive - NO kids - fiv e star - excellence playa mujeres

6. Re: Traveling alone to cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 20:47