We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cody wyoming...great place for solo travel !!!!

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
cody wyoming...great place for solo travel !!!!

hi all you solo travelers.....sorry this took so long to post - i had a comedy of errors with my posting LOL :):) anyway i just got back from my 1 week trip to cody wyoming & i loved it !!!! and i did very well going solo too !!!! in fact i feel this is a great place for anyone considering solo travel...very easy to get around & lots to do - a great cowboy town with a real earthy feel to it - one of my fav spots !!!! .......i was there 1 week & was busy every day............as far as transportation the airport was very close & the taxi service was great.....i dont do rental cars & i didnt have any problems getting around....a lot is walkable - the town is easy to get around & many hotels are close by & all the excursions i booked picked me up at the hotel................the weather was a little bit of everything - i got wind, cold, sun, rain & snow (well the snow was in yellowstone ) but it was all just bits & pieces of each weather condition - nothing interfered with my plans - it was all perfect !!!!! as far as things to do - there was plenty ( i did do individual reviews on each thing i did so feel free to look them up ) - theres lots of great museums ( my fav's buffalo bill museum & the old trail outdoor museum ) , the rodeo ( & yes for all those who supported me in going solo to the rodeo - it totally worked out - didnt feel awkward & i had a blast - thank you for the support ) , wild mustang tours, horseback riding, yellowstone all day excursion with grub steak expeditions, & guided hikes with grub steak expeditions (great company ) & theres things i didnt do cuz of time factors like rafting & rock climbing......you will not be bored - as you can see i had fun !!!! as far as the people everyone was very friendly - i left feeling like i was leaving friends behind...very comfortable place for solo travel.............theres also plenty of hotels too & if u are like me i prefer room service as a solo traveler & the only hotel (i found) that had room service was the holiday inn ( check out my individual review for more info) they were wonderful - great service - great room - good place to stay :):)........well if anyone solo is thinking about going here - go for it - u will feel comfortable - not intimidated - u will have lots to do & its very relaxing & peaceful if u love the outdoors..........any questions you are always welcome to send me a message...i would love to give back - i had many supporters when i was starting out solo traveling....this is now my 3rd solo trip....getting better & having so much fun !!!!! my next solo stop is manitou springs colorado in sept this year so another review will be on its way :):) take care everyone violet :):)

Edited: 24 June 2011, 23:38
1. Re: cody wyoming...great place for solo travel !!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 08:47