We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short trip to pisa

3 posts
short trip to pisa

italy has been on my wish list for travel for years, however I don't get much time off work, I have booked a spontaneous short break to pisa and I am really looking forward to it!!! However I would love to make the most of my short trip to pisa and I would love to visit other cities in italy but I haven't got much time.... Have you got any suggestions of what to do and where to go to make the most of my first time in pisa, italy. jasC

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: short trip to pisa

Hello,

welcome to tripadvisor services, we are happy to give you some tips about it but please try to repost your query in Italy forums.

here is the link for it:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187768-i20-Italy.…

Level Contributor
953 posts
85 reviews
2. Re: short trip to pisa

Spend the day to visit the "Campo dei Miracoli" (with the leaning tower) in Pisa, that's the only great site in the city.

There is a very nice city no too far from Pisa, Lucca.

3 posts
3. Re: short trip to pisa

I will definatly go and see the leaning tower. What is the city that you mentioned?

Level Contributor
953 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: short trip to pisa

Lucca, in Tuscany.

Otherwise Siena is also very beautiful.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
11,115 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: short trip to pisa

The trains in Italy are terrific and in even a short visit you can see a variety of places.

http://www.seat61.com/Italy.htm

Florence isn't far away and Rome is only an hour and a half from Florence!

We (and the Pisa Forum) can tell you about places we like to see, but one of the very best things about solo travel is that you can see what you want to see, not what others say is important or wonderful.

Saying that, a good guidebook can help you find what you want to see. The Eyewitness Guides are compact and have great pictures (and good maps) while the Lonely Planet Guides are great for history and background.

6. Re: short trip to pisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 06:46