We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singles Travel International

US East Coast
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Singles Travel International

Has anyone traveled with the Singles Travel International online travel company? I am considering a couple of their upcoming trips - the

Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Festival in October and a Hawaii cruise next year;however, would be more comfortable knowing of people's experiences with them prior to booking. I have traveled extensively on my own;however, am at a place where I would prefer to travel with a group so am looking at options.

Thanks!

Halifax, nova scotia
Level Contributor
148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singles Travel International

I was wondering about the july 4th of july cruise too...anyone have any info..is it legit?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,631 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singles Travel International

Looks like there is a TA member who knows a little about them - see this post. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12289-k3258172…

You may want to private message that member and ask them?

nj
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singles Travel International

I am disappointed in STI for a number of reasons. I now have experienced singles travel with a few different companies, and have come to expect certain things. The following describes my experiences upon booking last November's EPCOT singles trip. I have never been charged twice for the same trip, and although that was corrected right away, I’m not even sure what that was about. Regarding STI's requested flight information, I emailed that back right away, for the hotel transfer reservation, and never heard back. I then posted a message on the message board (fyi...it IS a message board, and not chat as STI refers to it) indicating this, and never got a reply by anyone with STI. This should have been addressed immediately, rather than ignored. I then emailed the company, and got a reply back saying this was asked of me more than once, and I didn’t reply. Not true, only one request was made from me, I did reply, and I had no idea of how much time would elapse until I heard anything more. STI's email reply was implying that this was my own fault for not responding to the request. .

Once on the trip, our first breakfast was actually included in the package, but if it was not for one of the group participants speaking up, we all would have paid for this ourselves. It is not up to a singles group traveler to bring this up, and it makes for a slightly awkward situation. Also, as it was the trip was overpriced, and offered very little. I enjoy singles trips for the company of other like-minded singles, and prefer a larger group, (this was a small, nearly non-existent group). If, as STI says, they don’t offer the services of a guide for less than 20 people, then why even run the trip? I suppose any number profits STI, but a small group in a setting like this doesn’t really make for a satisfied repeat customer, in my opinion. Without Mary being there for that first breakfast, we all most likely would have paid double for this, with no one available to correct the situation.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,641 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singles Travel International

It seems that booking a tour group takes even more research than organising your own trip and can be even more of a gamble.

If you are taking a tour for social reasons and you find a good tour company that has groups of the size and full of people you are likely to enjoy, go for it.

If you are booking a tour to avoid research or anything going wrong, you might want to think again.

nj
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singles Travel International

well said, Leagle. After taking quite a few past singles-type tours, I'm only realizing this now. There's an advantage to traveling with a group of other singles, but if the singles companies are not attracting enough singles and not making for satisfied repeat customers, then there is no point.

Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singles Travel International

I just walked off of a cruise ship in MID cruise to get away from that group. The tour director has ultimate power on a ship did you know that? Its the worst vacation I ever took, 37 women and 3 happy men rotating the women (not me). If you drink and have fun, they bar you from more drinks or even leaving the boat. it took my friend calling US embassy to get me OFF that boat and FOUR thousand dollars to fly home. Yes I am angry. Don't go with them...

Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singles Travel International

Worst trip I ever had, leave a cruise ship at a dock. Not recommended you book unless you want to go with 37 women and three happy men. Unorganized, the director is a power abuser with full authority to do whatever he wants in international waters, and you could be stranded like I was...in a foreign country trying to get home, it was better than being on that cruise and thats BAD!

Edited: 23 June 2012, 01:23
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Singles Travel International

Sounds familiar - except that the woman on my tour was thrown off the ship for excessive drinking, trashing her room, and stealing clothing from her roomate.

Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singles Travel International

I had the worst experience EVER with Singles Travel International cruise. Tours are twice the price as the ship, if you do not do what and WHEN the director wants, then you are controlled by inactivating the ship card, you are left alone to fend for yourself, I actually got OFF the ship in France to find my own way back. Security is a joke, you have NO security. Room mates are a disaster, the non smoker turns into a smoking FEND who has to get up at six am on a bloddy VACATION every day for 9 o clock tours. The special parties and theme nights were NOT special, the ship had the same themes, and the group activities didn't even have SEATS reserved for the shows, it was a fight to even sit together. Pre and post hotels are TWICE the amount. THe entire thing is a RIP off.

Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Singles Travel International

Yeah, right thats probably what YOU were told; only a child would believe information without researching. Think TWICE before booking with this group. Do your research.