We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Travel Outside Half Term

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Solo Travel Outside Half Term

Hi All

Any advice were to go Solo in February for the sun?

Also recommendations who to book with?

I am very to get away to the sun in February Solo.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,752 posts
141 reviews
1. Re: Solo Travel Outside Half Term

Luxor Egypt, the Canaries, Cuba and the Carribbean, Florida, South Africa, Kenya, the Gambia.Possibly Thailand or Sri Lanka..need to check weather for rainy season etc

Alot will depend on your budget, how many hours you want to be flying,the airport you want to depart from, and just how hot you like your weather. As a starter, suggest you look at the TA forums for a destination you really fancy, and once you decide on where to go, it should be easier to narrow down the travel agent you can use. But..... you might escape any single supplements if you book your own flights and accommodation.

SYD-LON-MUC
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
176 reviews
2. Re: Solo Travel Outside Half Term

Maldives and check with Thompsons.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
3. Re: Solo Travel Outside Half Term

Thank you for your help I will do just that.

I am going to book June in Benidorm solo travel. I will review the Hotel etc., besides this I am going to book another 2 holidays alone.

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Solo Travel Outside Half Term

MrCheeky015

“Any advice were to go Solo in February for the sun?”

SE Asia is not in rain season until late April & May but who know with our changing weather patterns. But you have already been given a wide selection.

“Also recommendations who to book with?”

Why would you need to book with someone, when you can do it yourself? Select your destination, buy a flight ticket and travel guide and suggest you read it, then book accommodation.

It may be the case that a package is cheaper, then by all means book it. However, I feel you’ll get more out of a holiday by doing it yourself.

When travelling solo, part of the fun (I believe) is doing it all yourself. Otherwise you may as well do a club 18-30 holiday (if these still exist).

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
5. Re: Solo Travel Outside Half Term

Thank you all for your help.

I will let you know where I go when I book.

6. Re: Solo Travel Outside Half Term

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 20:47
Get answers to your questions