We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

London
13 posts
Save Topic
What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

I've never travelled solo but would love to!

I want to meet interesting people, take tonnnes of cool pics and party like a champion!

I'm thinking around Europe for under a month.

I'm 29, male, from London (UK) and want to start travelling alot more!

Anyone have any ideas???

Or anyone want to join me in my travels??

1. Re: What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 April 2009, 22:54
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

I really enjoyed being in Greece alone. The people are very friendly, the scenery is amazing. And there are definitely great places to party! Mykonos.. Ios. Its a GREAT country!

Let me know if you want some info on traveling to Greece

3. Re: What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 April 2009, 22:54
London
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

Greece hey? Interesting?

Yes please do disclose more info please

Thanks!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

Nicely done L :)

Well, I was reading an interesting piece in a travel section yesterday; Bulgaria (yep, just read on!) has a bit of a scene going on, away from them trying to build up the next Costa del Sad. Oh, here we are: guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/apr/25/bulgaria-b…

Sounds mildly like Goa or Ibiza in days of old :))

Sort of depends on your budget really, Chimp. These party capitals don't come cheap.... :(

London
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

Nice one!

Ok, I want clubbin to be an option and not the main selling point.. Clubbin alone is fairly odd tho so I'd rather explore the place.

I met a girl yesterday who travelled across India and she really inspired me.

I to want to do something similar...Meeting new people is a must tho. So I'm looking for a place where alot of solo holiday makers go, so we have that common ground.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,891 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

Tallin and Prague are both beautiful and have a develped club scene. If you stay in hostels you will meet loads of people in their 20s (and some others). Kontiki is the party tour group and you might enjoy travelling with them for part of your time.

Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
637 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

Hi

Leagle beat me to it - I was going to suggest Prague!

Budapest was another of my favourite trips - beautiful architecture, rail links to Austria, emerging club scene and, to help with a hangover the following day, the thermal baths!

London
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

What are the hostels like?

I've never stayed in one before?

Any you recommend in Prague?

Lisbon
Level Contributor
678 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What Is An Ideal Solo Trip?

Lisbon has great hostels (actually 4 of the top 10 of hostelworld were in Lisbon) where it is easy to meet new people and they normally organize activities such as pub crawls, dinners and trips. The city has plenty of things to see and do and a pretty interesting nightlife and taking a train you'll easily get to the beaches.

Some of the best hostels are:

hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/…15588

hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/…20929

hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/…29235

hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/…14760.

In Cascais opened this year a new one that is close to the beach and you can easily get a train to go to Lisbon. It is called Rituals Backpackers Cascais and even has a small swimming pool (hostelworld.com/availability.php/…19617).

Have a nice trip!