We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go!

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Where to go!

Hi All,

I am here to get some suggestions for my first solo trip! I am 31 years old female living in Canada. Reason of taking this trip solo is to finally start doing what I want to do and not wait for my whole family to make time and money for a big vacation! A bit of context of what I want out of this trip is be a good balance of adventure & relaxation. By adventure I mean I would need some activities to keep myself busy and entertained during the day (zip lining, ATV, scuba diving, even sky diving would do). On the other than I would like some days just to be on a slow place and soak up the culture of wherever I am. Nature & beautiful landscape is my top priority, not too big on architecture & history!

I do have budget limitations too and hoping to have a 7-10 days within 1500 dollars and not more. A few places I have in mind are Mexico, Peru, somewhere in Spain (not sure where to go there). I am open to anyyyy suggestions. Please help!

9 replies to this topic
kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,936 posts
141 reviews
1. Re: Where to go!

Hello Sana and welcome to the solo forum. I can fully understand your desire to get travelling without waiting for family & friends to put limitations on your ambitions!

But....for your fellow solo travellers to make relevant suggestions, we'd need to know which Canadian airport you're hoping to fly out from and when you hope to travel. Seasonal weather conditions may dictate when & where you spread your travel wings to.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
1 review
2. Re: Where to go!

welcome,

I travel mostly to see places, i really dont do any "activity" type of travel or tours. I do love horses and will sometimes pickup a ride here or there, but that will depend on where im going. Its not like i must be on or around a horse 24/7 on vacation.

I go where i want to go. I read travel books and watch travel shows. I also google for cool and interesting things to do and see. Thats where i get 90% of my inspiration from. The rest is by chance.

You dont say if that 1500 CAD? is for EVERYTHING or ???????

chances are, your flligth will be a good chunk of your budget, so thats where i would start looking.

good luck

Seattle
Level Contributor
52,039 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Where to go!

Mexico has everything you want but it's a long way to come from your home destination.

Also just as a general comment things like skydiving, ATV tours, scuba diving, etc. REALLY drive up the budget.

If you skip all that expensive touristy stuff, stay in a basic apartment, you could do Puerto Vallarta for 7-10 days on $1500USD (assuming your airfare is separate from that amount!).

Edited: 20 November 2018, 05:40
British Columbia...
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,523 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Where to go!

I did a trip about three years ago to the central highlands of Mexico on the cheap that was maybe $1100 total Canadian. I started from Victoria.

I'd recommend more if you want to enjoy life a little more, but it's certainly doable. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was about 8 days and over New Year's.

As noted specialized activities such as diving drive up the budget, as do fancier meals, and of course accommodations.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
88 posts
5. Re: Where to go!

I recommend Iceland. I am a solo traveler and have been to over 20 countries on my own. Iceland would be a good first as it is one of the safest and least threatening places in the world.

https://buzzinaroundtheworld.com/iceland/

All of the photos on the Iceland home page are links.

British Columbia...
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,523 posts
94 reviews
6. Re: Where to go!

Also with cheaps flights and some hostels, but budget well for food and activities. I'll be there in March...

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
1 review
7. Re: Where to go!

something else to consider....

since you are into (extreme?) sports, you will want to look into insurance before you go and make sure it covers your activities.

good luck

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Where to go!

Dear Sana

I think Thailand is a best place for you as per my opinion. Lot of Natural and Beautiful landscape you can see. Moreover lot of water activities diving and other related activities. If you travel to Delhi (India) you take a direct flight very cheap From Delhi to Thailand you get a flgiht less than 300 Dollars.

My second suggestion, you may choose Sikkim in India, very natural and beautiful, Rope Car is also one of the beautiful adventrue.

Wish you a happy and safe journey.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Where to go!

Thailand is perfect

Reply to: Where to go!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions