We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2018 - a sun destination for mid aged woman

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Christmas 2018 - a sun destination for mid aged woman

Help - middle-aged single female want to get to the sun, meet new friends enjoy some r and r over Christmas 2018....any suggestions?

6 replies to this topic
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,638 posts
1 review
1. Re: Christmas 2018 - a sun destination for mid aged woman

welcome,

Florida, Bahamas, Hawaii. S.America...Spain, Malta...

good luck

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,825 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Christmas 2018 - a sun destination for mid aged woman

I would start my list by ruling out those places during rainy season and hurricane season.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: Christmas 2018 - a sun destination for mid aged woman

I checked Google Flights. I inputted December 22, 2018, departure, and December 27, 2018, return -- not sure of your travel dates so I thought this would be a good place to start -- with Toronto as the originating airport. Prices are in U.S. dollars, but I'm sure you know how to get Google Flights to give prices in Canadian.

The Caribbean and the Mexican coasts came up surprisingly cheap. Puerto Vallarta was a $555 roundtrip from Toronto. Aruba was $596. Cabo was only $517.Turks & Caicos? $458.

Other sun destinations were considerably more. It's high season for Thailand, so Bangkok was over $2 grand. The Canary Islands were in the mid $1000's. But Hawaii was only a grand.

You got options.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12,314 posts
155 reviews
4. Re: Christmas 2018 - a sun destination for mid aged woman

Since you are leaving Toronto, you have options for all the 'last minute' sun vacation flips - Sunwing, Air Canada, Air Transat, etc. I believe SunWing has a solo signature travel option which will seat you with other solo travelers, room upgrade, and as it costs a little bit more (but not as much as alternative single supplements) you most likely will find them catering to your demographic.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Christmas 2018 - a sun destination for mid aged woman

Cancun, Mexico

Key West, Florida

Puerto Vallarta sounds good, too (I liked it)

Seattle
Level Contributor
52,060 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Christmas 2018 - a sun destination for mid aged woman

Puerto Vallarta Mexico is my go-to place in the sun.

Hawaii is lovely but I don't meet people there like I do in PV.

Reply to: Christmas 2018 - a sun destination for mid aged woman
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted