We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip

Road trip

Hello, I'm planning a solo road trip with my car for 8-9 days. My tentative route would be Kolkata- Dhanbad- Gaya- Varanasi- Allahabad- Khajuraho- Bhopal- Pachmari- Nagpur- Korba- Ranchi- Jamshedpur- Kolkata. Can anyone help me making a day to day detailed plan of this tour or give any link/ contact/ source who can help me. I'm ready to pay for an effective tour plan advice.

Thanks in advance.

6 replies to this topic
kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
141 reviews
1. Re: Road trip

Hello Saptarshi and welcome to the solo forum.

I can see from your posting history that you have also posted your question in the destination forums, which is what I would have suggested.

I'm not sure what sort of advice you're looking for? Are you seeing advice about your route, the distances between your 13 destinations, or driving conditions?

Trip advisor has a road trip forum, & posters there may have done some or all of your route, so they may also be able to give you first hand knowledge & advice. But you'll have to be specific about what advice you're looking for.

As you're new to trip advisor you may not have looked at the wealth of info this site has (particularly reviews, the top question box, ..etc) , most of which can't be accessed using the very limited phone app. To get the most from TA I'd suggest using a laptop/pc or tablet.

Also…..forum members are all just ordinary travellers, like you, & aren't travel agents. So while other posters can offer advice, information, suggestions, tips and support, no one is likely to plan your trip for you.

Canada
Level Contributor
10,068 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Road trip

Brick and mortar travel agents would love to have your business. Do you not have one in your home town or close by?

3. Re: Road trip

Thanks for replying and your valuable suggestion.

4. Re: Road trip

@Mathladyca49 Thanks for replying. I live in Kolkata, India and I don't think they operate here. Still I'll check and thanks for your help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
83 reviews
5. Re: Road trip

Saptarshi, Tripadvisor India is not the best forum generally for designing road trips. Most people here would rent vehicles with a driver or use other means of transport.

But there are high quality forums in India on road trips. Like Team-BHP 'or' BCM Touring; even Indiamike may have decent entries. The passionate drivers are all on those forums. Search there.Ask there.

Edited: 17 September 2018, 16:51
6. Re: Road trip

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions...!!!

Reply to: Road trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted