We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Week Solo Trip for Female (Budget Trip)

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
2 reviews
1 Week Solo Trip for Female (Budget Trip)

Hi everyone!

I've been stressed out in school, part-time jobs & still recovering from a broken heart. Thus, I'm planning to go on a 1 week solo trip, just to relax & calm myself and just for that moment, forget about everything that has been weighing me down for the past year.

I'm planning to escape for a week in this coming September, and I'm hoping to get some suggestions on countries that I can travel to that is safe, fun & relaxing for a female to travel to :)

I'm 22 this year, female & traveling alone for this particular trip. As this is my first time traveling solo, please do suggest places where I'll feel safe and can access to transportation and assistance at any time. Please do suggest places where the residents or staffs are able to speak in English as I'm not confident of other languages.

I'm perfectly comfortable entertaining myself, but I do need accommodations that are nice and comfortable enough for me to stay for a week.

I would love to go to places where it's quiet and relaxing, and where I'll be surrounded by nature (mountains, forests & beaches are my favorite) So nothing frequented by families or children.

I don't have a budget for this trip as I've yet to choose where to go. However, as I am a student (& working part-time), I'll always select the lowest budget on places that I'm really interested in. Please do let me know roughly what's the budget (accommodations, food, other additional expenses, etc.) gonna be like traveling to the country that you've suggested.

As I've mentioned, for the one week that I'll be traveling, I'll want to relax myself and escape reality for just a short period of time. Things have been really hectic the year before to the point that I couldn't find time to relax & enjoy my life. I'm using this trip as a journey of self-discovery and to heal myself from my broken heart. So please do suggest countries/places that you think will fit me the most :) Thank you!

Edited: 14 July 2018, 09:46
5 replies to this topic
Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
1. Re: 1 Week Solo Trip for Female (Budget Trip)

Only one week and you want to keep it cheap, I’d suggest staying within SEA. The Travelfish website is great for researching the region, have a read of it and see if anything gives you inspiration:

https://www.travelfish.org/

Of all the places I’ve been to in SEA I’ve never had any problems communicating in English with people in the tourist industry, of course it wouldn’t hurt to at least learn a few words like thankyou, hello etc. Do you speak Malay also? If so, you will get along just fine within Malaysia and Indonesia.

As for costs, you could research hotel rates, flights and other living expenses once you’ve decided on a destination or at least narrowed it down to a few.

Enjoy your research.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
35,121 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: 1 Week Solo Trip for Female (Budget Trip)

That's tough as it will depend on what the flights cost. So maybe you should look first at any deals that may be available and work from there.

It is high season in Europe so maybe that's not an option but Spain is good for solo travellers. Finding accommodation if last minute may be good deals.

That also affects parts of SEAsia as we travel for our holidays at this time of year.

On the other hand it's winter in Australia and low season so if you can get a good price for flights and accommodation can be found at a good price. Food can be picked up at bargain prices late in the day at supermarkets when they sell off fresh produce.

Canada
Level Contributor
10,585 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: 1 Week Solo Trip for Female (Budget Trip)

Go to India, lots of cheap accommodation there. You could be more helpful by giving a specific figure to your "budget trip" . No use recommending UK for eg when we know the airfare alone could break your bank.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
854 posts
269 reviews
4. Re: 1 Week Solo Trip for Female (Budget Trip)

Flights now between Asian countries and the United States are particularly cheap. California would be a good option or Yellowstone. But most anywhere in the US will require you to rent car, stay at a hotel, etc. Unless you're staying in a major city, which you mentioned your looking for nature.

Western Europe is another great option, but as others have mentioned it can be expensive. If you're comfortable staying at an Airbnb or hostel it will save you money.

I would also recommend an island. I had a great time in Thailand on Koi Lanta island. Many people speak English, it was beautiful to be on the beach every day, and they had good food. It was also extremely inexpensive. There are many other islands besides in Thailand.

Seattle
Level Contributor
52,097 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: 1 Week Solo Trip for Female (Budget Trip)

With only 1 week and to keep it cheap I would look for someplace close to home. To me this sounds like it's more about healing yourself than it is about sightseeing or discovering a new exotic place. So a cabin on a lake, in the mountains, at a beach somewhere low-key seems like a better fit, than going "traveling" at the moment.

Reply to: 1 Week Solo Trip for Female (Budget Trip)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted