We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City break in Florence - Solo traveler

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
City break in Florence - Solo traveler

Next month I will visit Florence for a few days. City brake. Any advice will help me a lot. Visits, places anything important. I like a good restaurants. Thank you.

7 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
189 reviews
1. Re: City break in Florence - Solo traveler

So many Things to Do and a forum all for only Florence.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187…

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g187…

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g18789…

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: City break in Florence - Solo traveler

When, I visited Florence I took the train from Florence to Pisa to see the Leaning Tower for a day trip. It's a short train ride. I'd never seen the tower before and I thought it was great sight.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,636 posts
141 reviews
3. Re: City break in Florence - Solo traveler

My tip.... book tickets for the Uffizi and the Academia in advance. On the day queues can take ages.

Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
953 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: City break in Florence - Solo traveler

I agree. For the main museums if you haven't booked your tickets forget it. Queues are so long...

During my last trip to Florence the only solution was to go to the museums one hour before closing... no queue.

But you have to rush.

Otherwise Florence is splendid. Some churches worth a visit (not only the Duomo).

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: City break in Florence - Solo traveler

From Florence there are many easy to reach towns by train. Also is Montecatini Terme- the spa town. Oh what a gorgeous town! See the spa water in the old buildings and walk up the hill and get the funicular up to Alto village and wander- good to go at sunset and have a meal in the many restaurants in the square.

make sure you are back in time for the train to Florence or stay there the night instead.

Alabama
Level Contributor
495 posts
46 reviews
6. Re: City break in Florence - Solo traveler

Take the bus to Siena, explore and have lunch at La Taverna di San Giuseppe.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: City break in Florence - Solo traveler

I had 4 days in Florence in February 2015, so off season. Yes to book tickets in advance - I got to the Uffezi at 10am and spent 3 hours just feeding my soul - beautiful. Santa Croce church. The Accademi - only worth it for David in my opinion, but hey, I was there, he was there, had to be done.

My swollen and sore foot meant I couldn't walk up the Duoma but I went to the Petti Palace and walked the gardens for hours, peace and quiet and just lovely!

Restaurants - I had 2 meals at one of the restaurants in the Piazza della Rupubblica, both good and good value. I also ate at a small bar one evening where there was football on the TV and had the best panna cotte ever! My advice would be don't judge by appearances -

I had a couple of lovely evenings at the Cinema Teatro too. Love Florence!

Reply to: City break in Florence - Solo traveler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted