We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo travel Berlin

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Solo travel Berlin

I’m off to Berlin 17th of January till the 22nd. First time travelling alone, first time in Berlin. Staying in Kreuzberg. Does anyone have any advice/know the area and know any things I can get up to??? Thanks :)

10 replies to this topic
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo travel Berlin

This was where I went for the first time on my own back in November. I got a Berlin welcome card so I could travel around the days I was there using the s-bahn and U-Bahn. I bought it online before I went and picked it up at the airport. Was really easy, you got a map and a little book with the places in you can visit and get a discount at. You just need to get it stamped at a machine to validate it.

I also joined a free walking tour that I think started at Hostel one around 11am. The same people also organised a bar crawl but I didn’t do that. The Tour was good because you got to see the sights, some recommendations and meet and talk to other people. I spoke to people from the UK, Bulgaria and Australia.

Sitting by windows in cafes etc is good because you can people watch. I also went to the bar in the place I was staying and was able to chat to other people who were on their own.

Italy
Level Contributor
8,449 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo travel Berlin

Kinds of depends on what interests you.

Museum island if you want to go to a museum or two or three. The general sites of the city.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo travel Berlin

Welcome,

I always recommed travel books.

They have info you dont even know you have questions for, yet.

Such as, whats to do and see. Open and close hours and more importantly how much money. Sone may even have free days listed.

Then there are festivals and such.

Also how to get from the airport into town.

When i was there i stayed just north of there closer to checkpoint charlie. It was closer to what i wanted and a metro stop.

The metro makes it easy to get around but it would depend on what you want to do.

Good luck

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo travel Berlin

Hi was you’re solo trip to Berlin .. I’m thinking about a solo trip this September

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo travel Berlin

I’m going to be in Berlin on 1st September and I’m wondering what to expect.- First time travelling alone.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,877 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo travel Berlin

Every city has its own forum on here. Why not do some reading and asking specific questions on the Berlin forum:- https:/…ShowForum-g187323-i135-Berlin.html

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo travel Berlin

@sam,

as metioned each destination has its own board. Also, if you have a desktop, you can see at the top there is a "things to do and see". I have attached a link for you.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187…

For what its wroth, you should post a new post for yourself. If you look at the bottom, you will see a "Get notified by e-mail..." so if the OP has it checked, they will get your spam.

"I’m going to be in Berlin on 1st September and I’m wondering what to expect.- First time travelling alone."

You are vague in your question. Im not sure what you expect or not? everyone starts at 0 so its nothing new, only to you and the next person. Have you traveled before ? If so, what was your experience and what happened?

I see travel as travel. Solo vs group? well thats different. There are difference such as not being "alone" or having someone to chat/share on your trip. There are other things too. But if you decide to repost your question, you may want to try to add some details on what you mean with your question. I can guess all night and day, but what will it get me or you?

for what its worth, ive been traveling solo since 2012. Its scary the first time but i found that i like and prefer it over having someone that maybe dependent on me for their fun or other things. You may find out you dont like solo travel and then you may find that you do. Its something you will have to do and try and then reflect back.

one last hint. I find that when i read about things and understand whats ahead, things arent so scary. But again, im just guessing.

good luck.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo travel Berlin

Hey, How was your trip? I am planning a solo trip this September, May be you can advise something on safety and best places to visit?

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo travel Berlin

Deepti, welcome,

at the top of each destination board is a "things to do and see". but you need a desktop to see. heres a link.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187…

there are also travel books on Germany too. You can also use your favorite browser and do a search such as "things to do and see in Berlin" or however you choose to word it.

good luck.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Solo travel Berlin

I would recommend doing some Google searching on things to do and see if interests you. One mistake I made was soaking in all the hype of the museums on museum Island in Berlin so I went to them and they did not interest me in the slightest, I only went because other people said it was cool. Wasted money.

Reply to: Solo travel Berlin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted