We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo travel: 18 year old girl in Italy

Monk Fryston...
1 post
Solo travel: 18 year old girl in Italy

I'm looking to travel to Italy alone for a few days this summer and am leaning towards the Lake Garda region; however I am willing to try new towns/cities. I'm looking for any useful information or advice as to where the best areas are to go and how to get around, etc.

Thank you :)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,225 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Solo travel: 18 year old girl in Italy

Lake Garda is beautiful!

I'd post specific questions about that area in the Italy forum for that region.

Here is a link:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g23913…

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
34,990 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Solo travel: 18 year old girl in Italy

Hi Mollyjane, welcome to the forums

The best areas for you may not be for others so if you can tell us something about what you like to do when you're there then we could give more useful answers.

I've been to Rome, Florence and Venice in the past and enjoyed them. My most recent trip was to a small town outside Sorrento. I loved that because I could walk into the village where there were few tourists, it was still very 'Italian' or catch a bus into Sorrento and wander around there. Capri is a ferry ride away, the Amalfi coast by ferry or bus, other beautiful towns or Pompeii and Hurculanium so a real mix. I found there was enough to do for 3 trips! So I need to go back again ;-)

Where I stayed had a beach but with the rocky coast a few hotels do have a private one.

Or if you look at Agritourisimo (you get this in other countries) you can get a different local experience instead of the tourist one http://www.agriturismo.it/en/

The Italians are very welcoming and English is widely spoken. They are very helpful in cafes, restaurants etc.

If this is your first trip solo then the Lakes would be a good idea and easy to do if you feel there is enough for you to do and see.

Milan, Italy
10 posts
3. Re: Solo travel: 18 year old girl in Italy

Hello Mollyjane,

Garda lake is awesome. How many days you would like to spend there? Which interests do you have? It's not so simple to provide you advice or information without this kind of information ;-)

Alberto

4. Re: Solo travel: 18 year old girl in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2018, 09:46