We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo birthday vacation to the DR, Punta Cana

Rotterdam, The...
8 posts
Solo birthday vacation to the DR, Punta Cana

Hi everyone!! :)

I'm a newbie here and I would like to get some advice from other solo travelers.

Just a couple of days ago I booked a flight to Punta Cana. I'll be leaving on March 27th and staying until April 3rd. Now, I have traveled solo before BUT, I only went to places where I already knew people I could hang out with. This time I will be all by myself plus I'll be celebrating my 31st birthday. I'll be staying all inclusive at the Caribe Club Princess.

I was hoping I could get some advice from other solo travelers who have been to the DR. Especially when it comes to fun stuff to do on my birthday. It'll be my first birthday away from my family and friends, so I'll need lots of distraction. What would also be nice is if another solo traveler on this forum is leaving for the DR the same date and would like to hang out and try some excursions.

I really hope you can help me out.

Oh, and a peptalk would be nice.. I'm kinda scared that I will be super bored by myself and won't enjoy my vacation.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12,229 posts
155 reviews
1. Re: Solo birthday vacation to the DR, Punta Cana

Happy early birthday! Congrats on your plan to spend it somewhere else. I like the idea of having some memorable birthdays spent elsewhere - like Spain for an upcoming milestone birthday.

I'm glad you have already posted in the DR forum. Though traveling on your own, they really are the ones to know the area and the resort. I rarely do resorts, but you may find there is a sort of 'roll call' for your resort and week. If not, maybe start one as a new post. When you arrive, go visit the social director and see if there are any events for solo travelers, or at least let them know you want to keep busy and see what they suggest you do.

Have a great time.

Rotterdam, The...
8 posts
2. Re: Solo birthday vacation to the DR, Punta Cana

Thanks for your reply and helpful tips! And thanks for the early birthday wish!

Willemstad, Curacao
1 post
1 review
3. Re: Solo birthday vacation to the DR, Punta Cana

Your going to have soo much fun!! I traveled solo to Punta Cana for my 30th birthday.

I had a great time! But I'm the type of person that can thoroughly enjoy a good book, small conversation and swimming! And that's exactly what I did most days.

I went horseback riding and during the tour I met other travelers and they helped me celebrate my birthday at hardrock café club that night. If u really want to let loose I would recommend it. U could also try the pool parties or other activities (salsa or bachata lessons?) at your hotel. Maybe during dinner you can ask to be seated with fellow solo travelers. Although I must say that I didn't see any during my stay at Majestic Elegance.

But I was never bored! There is sooo much to do.. Take ur time and enjoy the food, drinks and the peace. Go para sailing or golfing if its available, try new stuff. If your open to meeting new people it will happen automatically.

Enjoy and happy bday!

Rotterdam, The...
8 posts
4. Re: Solo birthday vacation to the DR, Punta Cana

Thank you sooo much for your reply! Great tips. I think I'll have an amaing time there!

5. Re: Solo birthday vacation to the DR, Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2018, 09:47