We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ushuaia to Santiago

South Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Ushuaia to Santiago

Our Antarctic adventures come to an end in Ushuaia on the morning of 23 November and we need to be in Santiago mid afternoon on 26 November. Any suggestions for what we can do in between for those couple of days? There looks like there's heaps of things to see, but the short timeframe is the problem.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,819 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ushuaia to Santiago

Its a good timeframe and you can definitely fill it.

This Ushuaia thread has a heap of suggestions and also has links to even more suggestions.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g312855-i6870-k…

Edited: 20 January 2013, 11:04
South Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ushuaia to Santiago

Ah thank you. It's funny that I actually hadn't considered spending the days in Ushuaia - I actually was thinking of further up the coast, ie El Calafate or Torres del Paine (sorry I'm not exactly sure of the names of all the places and their accessibility)! But I also don't know how just yet to get from Ushuaia to these other places to then arrive at Santiago. I will definitely consider spending the time around Ushuaia though. Thank you.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ushuaia to Santiago

We're about to head out and do the same journey in reverse. We will be landing in Santiago, flying on Sky Air to Punta Arenas and then taking the bus from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia to catch our Antarctica boat. The bus from PA to Ushuaia takes approx. 12 hours but its goes through beautiful scenery so it shouldn't be too bad. After our cruise we'll be going back up to hike the Torres del Paine circuit, and then wandering our way back up to Santiago.

South Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ushuaia to Santiago

I read your post with interest and had a look at your suggestion., thanks. Now that I'm beginning to work out places and distances, it's making things a little clearer. So I think your idea is doable, just as you say, in reverse. Still need to research more on Torres del Paine but initial thoughts are it looks fantastic!

5. Re: Ushuaia to Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 10:45
Get answers to your questions