We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drink policy on Quark Expeditions ships

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Drink policy on Quark Expeditions ships

Is Quark offering some complimentary drinks, like a glass of wine with dinner ? Is their beverage package, priced at about $30 per day, worth it ?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
17,044 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Drink policy on Quark Expeditions ships

Its different for each ship. Some are pay as you use only and some have the drinks packages. None to my knowledge offer free drinks except on the Captains first night where usually champers is on offer.

Only you can decide if its worth it and whether you will drink that much.

Personally there was too much to be seeing and doing and too much rocking stairs for me to be bothered with adding alcohol to the equation.

Beach City, TX
Level Contributor
41 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Drink policy on Quark Expeditions ships

The Sea Spirit has an "open bar", which I believe applies to all their expeditions. This meant free drinks at the bar and at meals, including some hard liquors, liquers, and wine. But it does not include all brands. For example, they always had a "featured" wine at dinner which was usually around $30 US per bottle, but we always had their "house" brands, which we thought were quite good, and these were always free. At the bar, some whiskeys were free, but my favorite brand of single malt scotch was $10 per glass! But my wife enjoyed an occasional glass of Gran Marnier or Cointreau and these were free as well. Hard to figure the philosophy, but at the bar, the free stuff was on a set of shelves on the right side, and the other stuff was on the left side, so you knew what you could have if you wanted to stick with the free stuff. Having free wine with dinner was nice, but like PP, we didn't want to drink too much, expecially with taking sea sickness meds!

Edited: 15 January 2013, 05:23
3. Re: Drink policy on Quark Expeditions ships

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 11:49
Get answers to your questions