We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antarctica - From New Zealand or Argentina?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Antarctica - From New Zealand or Argentina?

Hi, i am looking to do a Antarctica tour in Jan-2013. Would you suggest to do it from New Zealand or Argentina?

Any experiences? I am going to fly down from Hong Kong to any of these places as suggested and then take the tour from there.

Thanks in advance.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
55 posts
1. Re: Antarctica - From New Zealand or Argentina?

I also want to go to Antarctica this December/Jan 2013. I am from Hong Kong too. Right now, I am looking for those tour starting in Argentina. I think it is closer to Antarctica.

London, United...
2 posts
2. Re: Antarctica - From New Zealand or Argentina?

We (at Antarpply in Ushuaia) get quite a few passengers from Hong Kong as the journey to Antarctica is just two days sailing across the Drake Passage compared to departing from New Zealand or Australia which takes about 5 days each way in the South Atlantic.

Hope that helps.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
3. Re: Antarctica - From New Zealand or Argentina?

Hi Purple124, good to know that.

Do let me know if you stumble upon some interesting bits to plant this trip.

I am targeting the Feb Chinese new year for my vacation with my wife.

Cheers.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
4. Re: Antarctica - From New Zealand or Argentina?

Dear Antarpply

I have posted a msg on your website to ask for details of the cruise from Feb 13-23 which we are targeting for the Antarctica cruise.

could you suggest if that woudl be best suitable for us? Our expectations from the cruise trip is to witness the best of Antarctica, polar wildlife including penguins, seals etc. and be able to camp for at least one night near the penguins so as to wake up in morning with their croacks! ahh...

let me know whats the best time and cruise you suggest!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Antarctica - From New Zealand or Argentina?

I was talking to some folks who suggested to fly to Antarctica from Chili, that saves you the dangers and time of a boat trip and you still have two days to explore and to spend the night. I am looking at Feb for my trip and this seems to fit the bill for me.

Thurso, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
141 reviews
6. Re: Antarctica - From New Zealand or Argentina?

Hi Guys - i am looking to do a trip here in 2014 and have been reading up on the best Antarctica Cruises - whats the difference on the different size boats - pros and cons - what is best suited to your needs etc etc - i found this on www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=1327

can anybody expand with any hints and tips

was thinking to go december time??

Can go from south america or new zealand but thinking maybe SA ticks more boxes??

THanks in advance

7. Re: Antarctica - From New Zealand or Argentina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2013, 15:45