We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski googles on landings

Lansing, MI
Level Contributor
84 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
ski googles on landings

I've read on TA that some people have purchase ski googles when riding on zodiacs to shore. Before I make this purchase would/could we use them on deck of cruise vessel? Are they necessary once you land or are they in the way when taking pictures? Appreciate any info on this matter. thanks.

Toronto
Level Contributor
179 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ski googles on landings

We took them and never used them......they just stayed in our backpack when we were on shore. I have a pair of wrap around sunglasses that did the job even in cloud....but it wasn't that wet for our trip. Have a great time!

Lansing, MI
Level Contributor
84 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ski googles on landings

thanks for the information on the ski goggles!

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ski googles on landings

I also brought them and never used them. I also bought an extra pair of sunglasses but found that they were too dark and never used them. Regular sunglasses are all you need for your eyes.

Lansing, MI
Level Contributor
84 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ski googles on landings

Janelex,

You're right, they weren't necessary for our landings in Antarticia. thanks!

Susan L.

Palmdale, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ski googles on landings

Had goggles for son who wears contacts, he only wore them once or twice, his wrap around sun glasses worked fine. We were there 1st of January and I didn't notice much problem with the sun (we had sunny days for most of our journey). My husband has sensitive eyes but again our prescription glasses worked fine.

6. Re: ski googles on landings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 09:48
Get answers to your questions