We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oat trip on CorrinthianII

ny
Level Contributor
6 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Oat trip on CorrinthianII

I am considering at trip in Jan. they have no information on the naturalist or expedition leader. Does anyone have this information? Does anyone have experience on this trip?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,526 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oat trip on CorrinthianII

This is generally supplied by your expedition company prior to the journey. As it's not til January they may not yet have been employed.

ny
Level Contributor
6 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oat trip on CorrinthianII

Does you mean that OAT does not have a permanent pool of naturalists in this area? Do they use another vendor for this?

Natural History & some other tours lists a group of naturalists from which several will be hired for any particular tour. I thought that was the typical way it is done.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33,213 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oat trip on CorrinthianII

As 1 said, its a long way off. What if the guide leaves, or doesn't travel there?

Have you asked OAT?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,526 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oat trip on CorrinthianII

It depends on each company. The members of my team all mentioned that they usually only know two trips in advance as to where they will be booked for - so certainly none of them would know which trips they are booked for next year.

The only people who can answer this for you are the ones you are travelling with.

North Carolina...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oat trip on CorrinthianII

We made the trip on Corinthian II in January 2010. Ship, crew, and accommodations couldn't have been better. It was the trip of a lifetime!

ny
Level Contributor
6 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oat trip on CorrinthianII

Thanks for your update.

we are going this January . Do you have any tips.?

North Carolina...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oat trip on CorrinthianII

Check out http://www.shiptoshoretraveler.com/ . Prices aren't great but it could give you some ideas of things you might need.

I'll talk to my wife and see what other useful tips she can come up with.

ny
Level Contributor
6 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oat trip on CorrinthianII

thank you for your response.

All tips are welcome.

North Carolina...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oat trip on CorrinthianII

With regard to boots, I bought the Neos Adventurer overshoesonline.com/ann1/NEOS-Adventurer-Ove…

My wife bought the Bogs Classic High 60152 www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/style/60152.html

which she really liked.

I particularly liked the Neos since they did the job and folded up nicely so they didn't take up too much space in the suitcase. They continue to serve me well in our North Carolina mountains snowy weather.

Best to buy them early since merchant's stocks get depleted as you get into the winter.

I'll post more as I think of things. Feel free to ask questions.

PS: I'm not recommending any particular boot vendor. The sites I provided are merely to give you an idea of what the boot looks like to get you started on your own search.

Lansing, MI
Level Contributor
84 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oat trip on CorrinthianII

I'm thinking of this OAT trip but have a question regarding decks.

Is one side better for viewing and is window better than porthole?

Appreciate any comments.