We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel insurance

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Travel insurance

My husband is on warfarin and i can't get travel insurance . I wonder if any one has had success at getting travel insurance if you take warfarin

Savannah, Georgia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel insurance

My sister was diagnosed with cancer in January 2012 and luckily we had Allianz trip insurance, which we accessed through the Delta website. They covered the cost of the cancelled tickets, no problem.

In April of 2012 my wife and I were going to Dallas, TX on business and, due to the cancer and my sister's condition I had to cancel, my wife went on to Dallas. Allianz denied my claim because it was a pre-existing condition. When asked about their policy they stated that I probably should have purchased a different policy that would cover pre-existing conditions. It is my opinion that you have to protect yourself, the Delta website says "Protect your trip against trip cancellations and interruptions with valuable insurance from Allianz Global Assistance." My advice is be willing to read their entire contract, the terms of which you can accept electronically, because they will use that contract to avoid paying claims and it is legal. May be legal but doesn't seem right.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel insurance

There is a lesson to be laerned here on two counts:

1. Always read the fine print on insurance policies. It may take a bit of time but should you have a problem downstream it is worth it.

2. When purchasing services over the internet always read the fine print. If the Terms and Conditions aren't published look for a service that allows you to check them.

3. Re: Travel insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 04:49
Get answers to your questions