We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry to ireland

Huntingdon, United...
1 post
Save Topic
ferry to ireland

Has any had experience of using power chair on the irish ferries?

Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry to ireland

Iam a wheelchair user just travellers to Ireland with Stena from Liverpool. If you contact Stena directly they are more than helpful I had no problems on board the lift up from the car deck is quite able to accommodate a wheelchair and carer, the ramp up and over the door well to access the lift you may need assistance with. I would highly recommend getting a day cabin for the crossing our journey was 8 hours they also do disabled cabins with wet room. Once your up on to the passenger deck it is accessible also adapted toilets on board. The only possible hiccup would be the ramp to the lift but you can get help with that. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Northern Ireland and a disability friendly hotel is tha Hilton Belfast super service.

Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry to ireland

Iam a wheelchair user just travellers to Ireland with Stena from Liverpool. If you contact Stena directly they are more than helpful I had no problems on board the lift up from the car deck is quite able to accommodate a wheelchair and carer, the ramp up and over the door well to access the lift you may need assistance with. I would highly recommend getting a day cabin for the crossing our journey was 8 hours they also do disabled cabins with wet room. Once your up on to the passenger deck it is accessible also adapted toilets on board. The only possible hiccup would be the ramp to the lift but you can get help with that. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Northern Ireland and a disability friendly hotel is tha Hilton Belfast super service.

Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry to ireland

4. Re: ferry to ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2013, 14:45
Get answers to your questions