We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches and Sea!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches and Sea!!!

Fantastic information for choosing my hotel, but I dont want to sit around my hotel all day, I want to get onto the beach and into the sea!!! Can anyone offer advice on beach accessibility and also getting into the sea???? Anybody had a fantastic experience on a beach where having additional needs did not hinder your beach experience??? Also anybody had any real disasterous experiences and can inform us of where to avoid!!!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches and Sea!!!

Many hotels have beach wheelchairs, or you can rent them. We have used the Sheraton Maui's chair; you can see more information about our trip at www.travelinwheels.com. Also, Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale just got one. www.beachwheelchair.com has a listing of resorts that they have sold to. Be advised that beach wheelchairs need a person to push. That person should be in decent shape, because they can be difficult to push over sand.

2. Re: Beaches and Sea!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:46