We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Los Angeles

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
London to Los Angeles

Can anyone tell me about conecting flights, we've never had to do it before but this year we're flying from Man/ Heathrow/ LA Int.

My ? is, as we are booking our own flights with BA so we can choose our own flight times, how much time should we allow to get from our domestic flight to our Los Angeles conecting flight, bearing in mind my dissability scooter will be transported with our bags direct to the LA flight, so I will need wheelchair assistance

Thank you.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,279 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Los Angeles

You need to book the assistance when you book your flight, or at least advise the airline that you need assistance.

You will then be met from your flight and taken to the boarding gate of the connecting flight. The person giving you the assistance will tell you what time they will come back for you if the boarding is not imminent.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,896 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Los Angeles

You should always attempt to ensure that connecting flights are booked at the same time on the same booking.

If on the same booking and there is a delay on your first leg causing you to miss the second leg it is the airlines responsibility to put you on the next available flight. If you have separate bookings you might have to purchase a new ticket.

Check that both your flights are using the same terminal at Heathrow, it will take longer if you have to change terminal

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Los Angeles

Hi Mimsman,and hermanarze thanks for that, as you suggested I booked both flight together and I also talked to customer services who assured me that landing in Heathrow at 8.30am and tthen taking of on the conecting flight at 9.40am. would be no problem at all, they would have wheelchair assistance waiting and take us straight to the gate for boarding, we'll arrive at LAX at 1pm perfect time for our hotel check in,

Thanks again

London, England
Level Contributor
8,279 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London to Los Angeles

Have a good trip.

5. Re: London to Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:46
Get answers to your questions