We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking medication into countries, who do I ask ?

melbourne
Level Contributor
32 posts
Taking medication into countries, who do I ask ?

I am about to depart Australia for 11 weeks with my family.We will be visiting Korea, France and the Uk. Between my husband and my son we will need to take 2 epeipens, 5 humira, antihistamine, cream, diabetes medication (oral) etc. Not wanting to get into trouble at the various cutoms checks along the way and coming complete with letters for all medication in original bottles, do i need to contact any governement departments etc to make the trip smoother ?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
1. Re: Taking medication into countries, who do I ask ?

Link has information on International travel with medications;

www.miusa.org/ncde/tipsheets/medications

This one is UK specific; know-insurance.co.uk/travel/info_advice/medi…

Information for Korea.

…state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1018.html

France information -

discoverfrance.net/France/DF_tourism.shtml

There are certain cautions that are stated all around, excellent tips for travel with ; the actual Dr's prescriprions should go with you. The amounts that you are allowed to take with you, etc - - sounds like a nice long trip, be safe and be well.

Edited: 14 July 2011, 17:09
melbourne
Level Contributor
32 posts
2. Re: Taking medication into countries, who do I ask ?

Thank you very much for those helpful sites Les rose, I think I have everything covered, 11 weeks is a long time, we have been saving and planning for years.

3. Re: Taking medication into countries, who do I ask ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 12:48
Get answers to your questions