We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vietnam for less able

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
6 reviews
vietnam for less able

I have just returned form a months tour of Vietnam visiting HCM, Mekong Delta, Mui Ne, Dalat, Central Highlands, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi . We are both pensioners and my husband has no use of one arm and mobility / balance problems following a stroke , although he is NOT a wheelchair user. Please do not hesitate in asking me any questions or to send me a private message, as ,whilst researching this trip there was very little info. for those less able and I would like to pass on anything that we experienced that may be useful..

Russia
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: vietnam for less able

Hi gem166,

could you recommend any hotels accessible and comfortable for people with disabilities (mobility problems) in Nha Trang, Vietnam? Or any websites that have such info?

Many thanks for reply.

Estee

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: vietnam for less able

sorry, we didn't go to Nha Trang. However, if you google 'hotels with disabled or handicapped facilities' you will get some info.

Ashkelon, Israel
Level Contributor
10 posts
221 reviews
3. Re: vietnam for less able

Hi, gem166,

I do admire you and your husband for daring to travel to Vietnam with disability. My hudband is disabled too, using a mobility scooter. I'd love to learn from your experiece in Vietnam.

Here are some questions:

1. Did you hie a car? Do you know if they have there cars with hand controls?

2. Are the cities accessible? I mean - are there reduced steps in the sidewalks?

3. Is publick transportation accessibe?

4. Are the hotels accessible? And how about tourist attractions?

I'll be glad with any useful information you are ready to share with me.

Thank you

London, England
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
75 reviews
4. Re: vietnam for less able

gem166

It would be useful if you could write up a trip report on here and give details as to where you found your information. Any other useful advice and tips would also be good.

It was nice to hear that even with a disability your husband was adventurous enough to attempt a trip like that.

5. Re: vietnam for less able

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2013, 15:50