We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a group with special needs people holiday

harduf
2 posts
Save Topic
a group with special needs people holiday

Hi

I am planning a vacation for a special group of 16 -18 young adults with special needs and companions , we are looking for a country side resort ( a farm , a big house) with all the necessary equipment for self managing + 2 buses for transportation + flights from Israel and back) it could be France , Greece , Italy , Spain , Portugal.

The dates are June , July 2009 for 12-14 days.

Waiting for your offers

Thank you

Sincerely yours

Izhar Bleiweiss

Manager

Beit Elisha

Kibuttz Harduf

Israel

Izhar@kamah.org.il

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,891 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a group with special needs people holiday

A person with an intellectual disability can manage an ordinary room. Someone in a wheelchair probably cannot. How many people will there be in all and how many accessible bedrooms and bathrooms will you require. This looks like a large number, maybe 36 or more people and that is asking a lot, so any further info would assist.

You can find a lot of places by Googling something like "Accessible group holiday" so that might be a good start, but be careful, some places think that if they have a lift the hotel is accessible, and forget the need for adapted bathrooms or space beside the bed for transfers.

I don't know of any places but I can help you search if I have more info.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
81,688 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a group with special needs people holiday

"Waiting for your offers"

Hi Izhar;

The need for special services accommodations, buses, flights, etc...Perhaps you misunderstand how the TripAdvisor website operates.

The people on this site are users / members just like you and I. This site does not offer the services similar to that of a travel agency.

Other users / members may post on this thread with some ideas, but before it becomes too late, I would suggest using the services of a travel agent in Israel.

Best Regards

3. Re: a group with special needs people holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2010, 09:49
Get answers to your questions