We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20th Anniversary romantic ski resort ideas???

Wichita
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
20th Anniversary romantic ski resort ideas???

DH & I will be celebrating our 20th anniv. in March. I realize snow skiing with our boys (10 & 18) isn't the most romantic trip idea. But, we try to go snow skiing every year. We missed our ski trip last year so we could take the boys to Atlantis in the Bahamas. Now we are having major skiing withdrawels!! We are thinking maybe we could go someplace nice and let the boys stay in the condo one night while we have a romantic night out. We are open to all suggestions. We are intermediate skiers, but the boys & I love to dive off the runs & ski through the trees (much to dad's dismay!). We have skiied Angel Fire, Red River, Winter Park, Cuchara, and all of Summit County CO. For the last several years, we have gone to Breckenridge. Would prefer a nice 2br ski in/out condo. Open to driving or flying so transportation is not a big issue. However, after our Bahama trip in April, cost is a factor. Would like to keep it under $3K if possible. All suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Northeast USA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 20th Anniversary romantic ski resort ideas???

I know I'm not listed as one of the winter sport experts here (yet at least!) but I'll try throwing some ideas out to you for your 20th anniversary in March 2010.

It seems you've been out to Colorado a decent amount, so I'll give some recommendations outside of the state.

Northstar At Tahoe (California) - This resort is always getting high marks. I haven't been able to make it out there yet (as I live on the East Coast) but it could be a great time. The skiing will be great along with the romantic aspect you are looking for as well. You can go to Baxter's Bistro & Lounge for some fine dining and The Chocolate Bar afterward if you both are chocolate lovers.

The Canyons (Utah) - I've been here a few years ago and loved this resort. You also have Park City, Utah a few minutes from the resort that you should be able to find some fun activities. On the romantic side, my only suggestion from what I remember is "The Viking Yurt" which is a fine dining restaurant located 9,000 feet up the mountain in which you take a sleigh ride (powered by a snow-cat groomer, sadly not a horse!) too. Upon arrival, you'll be treated to piano music, a five course meal and a mug of glogg.

I don't have specific recommendations for a two bed room on-slope condo, but if you settle on a resort first, you should be able to do some research online with a few cheap locations. The economy will still probably be hurting as we go into the winter so you might be able to find some sweet deals.

Hope that helps spark some ideas!

----

The Cassidy Expedition

http://thecassidyexpedition.com

"Travel reviews, tips and my personal travel stories"

----

2. Re: 20th Anniversary romantic ski resort ideas???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2010, 12:46
Get answers to your questions