We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young couple plans to travel to Europe

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Young couple plans to travel to Europe

Hi! My boyfriend and I (early 20's) are looking to travel to Europe for 3-4 weeks in the middle of the year (European summer). I am in the early stages of planning and was hoping to get any tips I could on travelling Europe for that time frame? I don't really know where to start with the planning!

We have both never traveled alone before.My boyfriend is very interested in Northern Europe but as I said, early planning so will be open to any tips and hints you may have for where to travel and how much we could see without rushing through. We don't yet have a budget but will not be excessive as we are both students.

Thanks in advance for any help received.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
29,058 posts
6,619 reviews
1. Re: Young couple plans to travel to Europe

Note that summer is the peak travel season so you can expect hot weather in Southern Europe, very long days in Northern Europe and possibly White Nights depending on how far North you are interested in visiting.

Note that price fluctuations occur in certain places in Europe which have more seasonal travel meaning that hotels will be more expensive. Transportation prices could be higher for the same reason but this isn't always the case. Train and bus transportation won't cost any differently and can remain very affordable if planned in advance.

As for crowds - expect them. Again, this is Peak Travel Season in Europe so museums, art galleries, churches & cathedrals, beaches, mountains - you name it will have crowds and queues that you wouldn't have to deal with if visiting during Winter.

For more information about how to maximise your travel in Europe, I'd spend some time reading through the Know How series of posts on the Bargain Travel forum. This is a What-is-what guide to bargain travel and there is much information that relates specifically to Europe. Quite a few discussions related to travel in Europe are found on the Solo Travel forum as well (ie. travel itineraries and routes) which very well might be applicable for you. Give it a look see.

As for how many places you can visit in 3 weeks and how to decide which to visit, read through these resources

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12334-k7825987…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12334-k7925992…

Lastly, note that there are destination specific Vacation pages and forums which you can visit on TripAdvisor to learn more about the actual places that you are considering as part of your 3 week trip.

Good luck with your research and hope you enjoy your trip to Europe.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,625 posts
2. Re: Young couple plans to travel to Europe

Here is the main forums homepage-

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Young couple plans to travel to Europe

Thank you very much for your reply, I am very new to trip advisor so all of the information you've given me is very helpful! Thanks again, has given me a lot of info to work with.

4. Re: Young couple plans to travel to Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2017, 11:47