We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go on holiday in july ?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
where to go on holiday in july ?

Hello my girlfriend and I are looking to go on holiday in July. I was hoping that you guys could give us some help deciding where to go. We have been looking at allsorts of places like turkey, Italy, Egypt, mexico and a million other country's but we don't know where to go ? :S

We have only been aboard once together last summer to Greece (kalives crete) for a week and we had a really good time. The only thing was we stayed in a quiet location so there wasn't much to do. We had to travel 45 minuets to get to any kind of towns by bus. But the excursions we went on with the hotel were amazing (elafonissi beach and a lagoon). The only other thing is that my girlfriend is vegetarian and there wasn't much choice of food for her in the buffet style.

We are basically looking for an amazing country with nice weather, close to towns with lots of different things to do, somewhere with a nice variety of food, amazing beaches and water sports some excursions to go on.

Thank you for reading any help will be greatly appreciated.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
26,524 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to go on holiday in july ?

Hawaii.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,573 posts
6,438 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to go on holiday in july ?

Paul R,

Do you have a travel budget? How long do you intend to travel? I might throw out Florida as well. If you want hot weather, stick with northern hemisphere destinations for July.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to go on holiday in july ?

It may help your ideas of narrowing it down by looking at the column on the right of this page, Top Questions about Holiday Travel.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to go on holiday in july ?

Hi thanks for your replies.

We would probably consider spending up to £900pp for one week but would rather spend a bit less if we could. We would preferably like to get a flight from Bristol or Manchester but we don't mind if it is not possible and we have to go from a bigger airport.

We have been looking at Croatia, Sardinia or Turkey (I know they are all very different)!

We would like it if there was some wildlife to see too....

I know I am being a bit broad but I really appreciate any suggestions!

Does anyone have anything to say about Croatia? which part would be best for beaches etc.

Thank you very much

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
26,524 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to go on holiday in july ?

You can gather more information, do some reading and ask questions on the Croatia forum -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g294453-i1554-C…

Croatia Tourism page where you can scroll down and click on any of the city/town names and explore -

tripadvisor.com.au/Tourism-g294453-Croatia-V…

Sardinia Forum -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g187879-i466-Sa…

Turkey information - you can find it on Tripadvisor by typing Turkey into the search box at the top right side of this page. (thats how I found all the links for Croatia and Sardinia above).

Sardinia Travel Guides and lists of Attractions -

tripadvisor.com.au/Tourism-g187879-Sardinia-…

6. Re: where to go on holiday in july ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions